USA Road Trip, April 2004
day 1: Massachusetts  :
day 2: Niagara Falls  :
day 3: Ontario-Illinois  :
day 4: Chicago 
day 5: Wisconsin-Minnesota  :
day 6: South Dakota  :
day 7: Badlands  :
day 8: Wyoming/Montana 
day 9: Yellowstone Park  :
day 10: Montana/Idaho  :
day 11: Roslyn  :
day 12: Seattle 
Day 11: Washington: Roslyn & into Seattle
Getting close to our final destination, we stopped off in Roslyn, where they used to film Northern Exposure.
Dr Joel Fleischman's office, now a gift shop. I bought a mug.
Mountain range in the distance
Also this day we came across a big stone 'R' on a back-road ('Big stone R' - say it out loud)
Watching tumbleweed rolling across in front of us (something I had only experienced metaphorically
during my time as a stand-up comedian).
Road Signs Seen During Our Journey:
- 'Buy Hess Gasoline' (the H having weathered to look like an L)
- 'First Third Bank' (Michigan)
- 'Mutilated Acres' (on WI barn)
- 'Hfffaraaagh Inn' (alongside Super 8 Motel and Holiday Inn etc)
- 'Fireworks. Cheese.' (WI state line)
- 'American Legion Steak-feed Tonite!' (good job security for cardiologists in this region)
- 'Avant Gardening' (garden centre)
- 'Spam Museum'
- 'Help Protect Wildlife: Wear Fur - hunting & trapping keep populations in control'
- 'Buffalo hunts all year round, $300'
- 'Buffalo testicle festival - have a ball'
- 'Pedicures - buy 2 get 1 free'
- 'Far-fetched Imports'
- 'Homo milk' (brand name of homogenised milk)
Next set of USA Road Trip pics: Arrival in Seattle
Back to top
Alex photos home page